Re: [RC] how long does a sore back take to heal? - Letstalkhealth

Len Brown of the original orthoflex and the corrector pad told me to place hot and cold towels alternately starting hot till that cooled then cold (ice cold) until that warmed do it about 3 times, starting with hot and ending with cold.  Do it about 3 x a day and it may be better the next day.  Also we have a great chiropractor in central Oregon who mot only manipulates if they need an adjustment but also stretches.  To do stretches yourself.  You can use grain or apples or carrots and place your horse next to a fence or something where they can't turn around then make them reach back to their loins to eat.  This helps open them up.  I just went through the sore back thing last month from putting on my corrector pad backwards. (stupid).  We just finished a 5 day and got 1st place overall and BC at Owyhee Canyonlands in Idaho a month after the problem and A's on back and withers.  Sam Willis is a great chiropractor though and I did have his help.  He may be able to refer you to one in your area though.  If you have your horse adjusted he should be fine within a week or less.  Lisa Redmond, Or.