RE: [RC] [RC] [Guest] Underage horses - for ride managers and mentors - LaFollett, Megan

How is it possible to enforce the “underage” rule?? If a horse isn’t registered, the owner may not even know the foaling date. If a horse is registered, is the rider required to show the horse’s papers? I’m a bit confused about how a ride manager would tell the difference between a 47 month old and a 48 month old.

~Megan

and Pride (born in a stump-filled, muddy field sometime in September of 1994…and boy was I scared when Mom rescued and bought me, not having been touched before!)

Disclaimer – I fully believe in the underage rule, and am by no means advocating its dismissal. Just curious about enforcement. That’s all. Really.