Re: [RC] [RC] Pasture Arrangements with Mares/Geldings - DESERTRYDR1

I boarded at a place that had a mixed herd of about 10 horses, three geldings, the rest mares, one yearling filly.  There were never any problems until the old guy, a 20 yr old gelding who was just barely pasture sound, died.  Then we had various problems, including a gelding that got fairly aggressive with the mares.  The old guy had acted as the herd stallion.  When he went, the herd had to establish a new order.  jeri