[RC] Congrats to Tevis Morabs and webcast! - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Anita Messenger  libertymtn@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We want to heartily congratulate all those who started the Tevis, whether they
finished or not! And in particular we want to say WAY TO GO for our two
registered Morabs who entered, started *and* finished!! Linda Glazier from
California on her Tamarron Red Rapture+BA who is a multiple Tevis horse - I
believe they came in somewhere around 30th. And first time Tevis rider, Kerry
Greear from South Dakota with her Morab gelding, Summerwood Silverhawk. Hawk
did the Tevis last year with Kennth Wolgram (who also finished this year on his
own horse) when Ken needed a mount suddenly. Hawk had never done a 100 before,
and had only started doing some endurance rides that same year so the Tevis
last year was his first 100. Kerry decided a year and a half ago to do the
Tevis this year to celebrate turning 50 years old. She'd not done endurance
before, and hadn't owned her Morab very long yet, either. She didn't know if he
could do endurance at all. So, 18 months later, Kerry's dream has come true,
and the horse has done the Tevis twice now. Needless to say, we are all pretty
proud of both of them.

A third rider and horse, Karen Bottiani and Movin' On Blues, were attempting
their SIXTH Tevis completion in a row. Blues is 1/2 Morgan, 1/4 Arab, and 1/4
Quarter Horse so we call him a part Morab. LOL! Sadly, they were pulled at
Francisco's for reasons we don't know, yet. But they got that close to their
goal of six in a row. Pretty cool!

We also want to thank those who worked so hard to keep the webcast going so
great! We had an online party going with the Morab people with me and others
constantly updating everybody from the information we were getting from the
webcast. I was up until way late into the night. We had to wait until morning
to find out what happened with our three riders, but we had a blast overall,
and are so happy we could share in the ride through the webcast! Thank you,
thank you, thank you, Lucy and all the others! It would be so neat to have
other rides do webcasts like this, too - it's a great idea!

Karen and Kerry are both members of my endurance Morab list at Yahoo Groups so
we are all looking forward to hearing from them when they get home. Several on
the list have done the Tevis before (like Suzanne Hayes), and there are also
several who have set a goal of riding the Tevis with their Morabs some day -
having the webcast for the ride just fueled them on. PLEASE don't stop having
the webcasts!!

Anita Messenger
http://libertymtnranch.faithweb.com
http://endurancemorab.8k.com