Re: [RC] Still on breeeding ............ - Bette Lamore

Fortunately, Heidi
That is no longer the case here. My understanding from the Registry is that breeding is down-- thank goodness-- and there actually is a shortage of athletic, performance horses. In fact, Riding magazine wrote an article about it a month ago. They felt the Arabian market could come back up because there is not the overproduction anymore. It's about time!! Except for breeding for my clients and one "ooops" baby (how Dancer did it through a five rail pipe corral we'll never figure out--- how far can it stretch??!!! :-) ), I haven't bred for a few years now.
Bette

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

And unfortunately the former is in the rest of the world. Breeding
farms will breed 200+ foals per year, hoping for that one stunning cup
winner, literally giving away the rejects to those newby riders who
think that a cheap or free horse is the way to get into horses! <snip>

I've seen more wrecks and

broken hearts due to those rejects than not, sadly.

That's the pattern we are seeing with modern Arabian show breeding here...

Heidi

============================================================ REAL endurance is your water freezing IN the cantle bags! ~ Heidi Sowards

-- Bette Lamore Whispering Oaks Arabians Home of Bunny and 16.2h TLA Halynov who lives on through his legacy Hal's Riverdance! http://www.arabiansporthorse.com

Always remember: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." (George Carlin)

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano