[RC] saddle pads and saddles - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Rachelle sdarosa@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I need some info on saddle pads and saddles.  What brands are good and work
well?  My horse gets very sore in his loin area.  I ride in a wintec dressage
saddle and it fits him.  I use a western pad with some kind of absorbing liner
in the middle of it.  (forgive me I am newer at this)  He has confirmation
problems that bring the soreness on.  I just went to a CTR ride and pulled him
because of the soreness.  I am doing everything I know to do to help his back
in conditioning.  We do hill work, and arena work in side reings and a
sircingle.  He does well at the rides and is an enjoyable ride so I really
would like to find a way to make this work. I do think this problem is fixable
with conditioning and the right gear.
I have thought about the treeless saddles.  I would love info on them
especially if they will take pressure of this area.
Thank you and I appreciate the responses I get from this board.  I really feel
distance riders know how to take care of there horses and I am glad this board
is here to pull from.
Rachelle

tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS!
~ Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance