Re: Limited Distance

K S Swigart (katswig@deltanet.com)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 00:31:13 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997 RUN4BEAR@aol.com wrote:

> There was something in the AERC rulebook..haven't looked lately to see if it
> is still there, but the rules stated that there were to be no other
> unsanctioned events run along with an AERC event...I remember that becasue I
> used to run Ride 'N Ties with my rides. If this is still true, an
> unsanctioned LD ride is prohibited when run at the same time as an AERC
> sanctioned event.

Presumably this is now gone (if it was ever there...I can't say) as there
are a multitude of rides out here that are "combo" events. Runs, ride n
ties, etc. The "Prescott Man against Horse Race" comes to mind, which
has been going on for over 5 years now (I think it is 7 but I could be
wrong).

I suppose it is possible that these events just are not in
complience with the rules; although it was last year's SW championship
ride that was also a ride n tie and a run. 7 events in one if I remember
correctly.

kat
Orange COunty, Calif.