[RC] Gaited Endurance Riders-question - l g miller

This question/s  is for those who ride gaited horses for endurance.
I have decided to go barefoot with my 1/2 arab 1/2SSH. He is doing great. However, where I live the trails can be very rocky. If I want challenging trails, or good conditioning trails, there are rocks. SO, that being said, what type of Easyboots do you prefer??
I was looking at the Epics for him, (just the fronts) but was able to borrow a friends Bares. We used them today and did a 10 mile conditioning ride, and they worked beautifully!
I think they were slightly big on him, but they stayed put and didn't twist. They have gaitors. I was impressed that he wanted to really move out in them. At first,  I don't think he liked them, but after about 2 miles, he quit worrying about them.
He was really flying ( in his fox-trotter gaits) out on that trail today.
My biggest concern was that he would overstride and rip one off and possibly trip himself. Has anyone ever had that happen? I had visions of me sailing over his head. So I didn't totally relax on him.
But his gait was strong and he never once tripped or felt like he was having any problems.
Overall, I loved the Bares.

Cheryl and Cosmo (the gaited half arab) in Pa.