Re: [RC] Morgans in Endurance - Jeanne Slominski

I should have mentioned that both my older Morgan and my girlfriend's are of the 'old style' breeding - shorter and stockier. My younger Morgan is of the 'new style' - taller and leaner. Check out my website. I have photos of both on there.

----- Original Message -----
From: Angie Fura
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Morgans in Endurance

I have to jump in here too.  I have a good friend that has a Morgan who will be totally capable of being competitive.  He is not yet, but that's because he just started doing 50's this past spring.

This horse has routinely pulsed down with my Arab when my friend and I have ridden together at rides.  I've never seen her use ice water; in fact, her crewing techniques are exactly the same as mine.  We live and compete in the southeast where the heat and humidity are merciless.

I don't know much about Morgan breeding so I don't know what "style" Morgan he is but I can tell you is tall and lean.  He is not heavily muscled.   Are there different styles that could make pulsing down easier for some and not others?

Angie Fura
Trace Tribute 25/55
www.tracetribute.com