Re: [RC] [RC] National ID - Marv Walker

"As an animal owner I will get two big benefits that excite me.

First, the chances of my horses contacting a disease will be reduced.

No, they will not. Diseases are not the least bit impressed by databases. The bureaucratic delay, sheer number of procedures and regulations and general ineptness of most government employees will eventually end up with a big bunch of inquiries trying to answer the question, "How could this have happened?"

Second, if my horses are lost, strayed, or stolen I will have a much better chance of getting them back. I want both of these benefits."

And how will these animals be identified? I want the same benefits for my parakeets. It will be weeks before inquiries are dealt with and enforcement will only be concerned with screaming needs. Your lost animals won't raise a blip. I can't even get the police excited about a stolen dually pickup - "We'll get it entered into the computer in the next day or so."

This database will load us up with an impossible pile of paper
work to compile not to mention bog us down in every other
area of our lives even related to the keeping of pets much
less livestock.

I challenge anyone to name ONE thing the government does
well or accomplishes what it was designed to do other than
goofing things up.

"Government should have three sacred duties should Constitution
guarantees prevail; protect our shores, stay the h(*& out of
our lives and deliver us the mail." (Baxter Black ~ "I'm From
The Government And I'm Here To Help You!")

If we let this pass it will serve as just another database to
allow the government even more power.  It will also become a
another source of revenue to waste for all layers of
government.  The next thing you know there will be a hazardous
waste impact tax on each animal's statistical manure output
or something along those lines.  The database will tell them
where to send the bills.

The National ID for anything is simply phishfull thinking.

Marv "The only hope for America is to repeal two old laws
for every new one." Walker