[RC] [RC] OT Horse Slaughter- mixing issues/ ready for an easy 50? - sherman

Doesn’t most life exist at the expense of some other living thing. It’s just that humans are the only ones (that I’m aware of)that actually think about it.

Okay, okay…back to endurance issues. A question for those who have started mature horses in endurance: would it be reasonable to expect a recently put under saddle (started in December) 8 yr old, pasture raised his entire life, currently able to do tough 17-20 mile rides in the canyons, ridden 3-4 times a week, usually 2 or 3 10 mile rides & one longer, to be able to do a slow, relatively (compared to the hills we climb now) easy 50 in early November?

Kathy

Juli wrote:

why do we always have to benefit at the expense of the other living things and the environment?