Re: [RC] Fw: Letter to participants of GAHR - Merryben

In a message dated 2/15/2005 8:58:10 P.M. Central Standard Time, goearth@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Only a few books of the original printing are still available, and our intentions in the near future is to publish a second edition with an expanded and more complete story, with a hard cover.

   We want to hear from all of you who were part of this event, riders, crew, family, support people, Illinois people, everyone. We want to know if the race affected your life afterward, and what happened to your horses, and any comments any of you might have.

  Call or e-mail and we will send you a book.

I would love to have a new book when it gets done.  I have been in touch with Pierce but none of us know what happened to Virl's mule Lady Eloise.  However, Leroy is alive and well and happy.  He has awful looking legs but he is sound and can outrun me.  He is thin but I have kept him blanketed this year and he seems to keep his weight better.  I am sure he has a touch of Cushings and not many teeth but he is as good as can be expected for 34 years of age.  He lives in a huge paddock with a steep hill and spends a lot of time at the top under a tree but comes down for food and water so he gets plenty of exercise......mb