[RC] bitless bridles and hackamores - agilbxr

After all the discussion on bitless bridles and stuff, I had the opportunity to try the Gawani Pony Boy bridle on Alpine last night. I saw it at an expo here in Jacksonville about 6 months ago, but was reluctant to spend the money on it if my horse won't slow down or stop in it.

We went out on a trail ride last night (it was a pleasure to ride a horse that doesn't buck....), and one of the lady's we rode with had one. She let me try it out after we rode, and Alpine seemed pretty happy with it, and did stop when asked.  Next time we are out there, she offered to let me trail ride with it to see how he'll act on the trail.  Of course, that is always the real test.

If he does well, I may have to buy one.  I like the idea of bitless, and so does Alpine (it's easier to eat....).  I wonder what Spot would do with it?  Hmm....  Not sure I want to find out until I get the bucking fits under control.

Juli and the crew
Alpine (I thought I was on vacation, what's up with being hauled out for a trail ride?)
Spot (what about me? I want to go)