Re: [RC] ride times??? - j marshall

I am new also. So does that mean Vet check hold times
count against your allowed ride time? So if my vet
hold was 1 hour for a 25mile ride I would only have
5hours to complete? if that is the case why does the
vet holds vary in time why aren't they all let's say
one hour verses 45 minutes here 40 minutes there.

and for everyone out there I have NO problems with it
I am just curious thats ALL.

Thank You,
Newbie Jen with 2 LDs under her belt and working my
way up to the Movin On Up 50 ride.

--- Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Overall time is calculated from the designated
starting time for the ride, regardless of when YOU
start.  If you start 15 minutes later, you have just
lost 15 minutes off your total allowed time to
complete the ride.  Same as for a vet check.  If the
check hold time is 1 hour, and you stay 1 and 1/2
hours, you have 1/2 hour less time in order to
complete the ride.  The overall time for a 50 miler
is 12 hours.  If that ride has 2 hours of total
mandatory hold times, you have 10 hours of riding
time to complete the ride.  If you start late and
stay longer in a vet check, you have less than 10
hours of riding time to complete the ride.

Barbara McCrary, ride mgr.
Swanton Pacific 75/100
"The most beautiful trail in the world"