RE: [RC] saddle help - Linda Cowles

Hi Nancy,

 I wish you were closer! I fit several horses a week at the shop; some horses aren't easy.

Talk to your vet, friends and local tack stores to see if they know anyone who is successful at fitting saddles. Most folks us the "trial and error" saddle fitting technique, and it's unreliable.

That white spot can be from a tree that is too wide as well as too narrow.... the idea with the front of the bars is that they need to have the same angles as the horses shoulders . If the angles are different (too wide or narrow) there will be a pressure point.

Big Horn has several different saddle trees in their endurance saddles, so if you can find a dealer that stocks them, see if you can take your horse there to try the saddles on. The Full Quarter Horse Bars endurance tree often fits Arabs.

Good luck! Linda

Linda Cowles
Horse 'N Hound
New, Used & Consigned