blanketing horses

I've started blanketing a few of mine, the two who get worked that
wouldn't you know it, have grown the most amount of hair.  On warmer
days, they sweat with that thick coat on and its hard to get them dry by
nighttime and cooler temps.  So, I've clipped these two and now blanket
them.  Easier for me to cool them down, they stay cleaner and they are
outside all day unless its raining.  All of my guys are in their stalls
at night and out during the day except for raining.  When the temps.
fall down to the freezing mark, I'll blanket the older guys.  One never
grows a coat, the other is older, arthritic and will shiver.  The Fjord
mare I have has a thick coat already and is not good with blankets,
likes to tear them off of herself, so I try to control my desire to
blanket her.  As far as blanketing in the trailer.  My trailer is
enclosed so gets very warm in there from the horses own body heat.  I've
used coolers on them when hauling, except for a TB I have, he doesn't
grow a coat but gets nervous when being hauled and will sweat terribly
under a blanket so he goes "naked", except for head bumper and shipping
boots.  Debby in Mo