Re: First 50 miler advice/high altitudes

In a message dated 98-04-17 15:34:45 EDT, truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<< BTW watch Red Cell.  It is very high in Se. >>

Haven't checked the label recently, but since the FDA won't allow more than 2
or 2.5 mg Se per recommended serving, I presume it is not over that, hence one
would have to feed it at 3 to 4 times the recommended amount just to get to
the daily Se requirement.  Since toxic levels are almost 10 times the daily
requirement (that's for chronic toxicity, not acute toxicity), it would be
pretty difficult for the Se in the Red Cell to be a problem.  Guess I look on
it as more of a positive factor, since we simply cannot get enough Se here.

Heidi