Re: [RC] camper or LQ? - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 1/9/2005 12:50:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, renieburnett@xxxxxxxx writes:
My husband wants us to
get a bigger LQ.  Might do that, don't know, yet.  I am just getting back
into doing endurance...Renie
Renie, Renie, Renie.....Listen to me....any time a husband wants to add on to the endurance paraphanalia (sp?) we go for it!  Doesn't matter if you actually NEED whatever it is, just go buy it!

On the LQ vs. Camper thread....I love my camper!  I can take it on and off by myself although I prefer some help for the putting it on part (I have visions of toppling the thing over).  Its a 9'6 Lance camper that I found online for $4500.  It had never been used and was in mint condition.  It sits on my Chevy 3/4 ton truck with an extended (Titan Class V hitch) pulling a Circle J slant load trailer with dressing room.  Tows like a dream and the aero-dynamic "nose" of the trailer means that I can do some really sharp turns without denting it (which was not true with my old Logan trailer).  I have a nice bathroom/shower set up and a really wonderful heater (can use it to blow dry my hair too at cold rides).  I have not had a problem of too little fresh water or too much waste water even on week long camping trips.  This might change now that my husband is going with me (yay!), but he likes the outdoor shower the best anyway so at least the gray water won't be a problem (scandalized neighbors might be another issue though <g>).

Anyway for an economical way to go if you already have a 2 horse trailer and a truck, the camper seems pretty reasonable and very comfortable (especially if you previously slept in your Suburban while camping for 10 years :)

Sylvia