[RC] UMECRA- would you go to a ride if you couldn't use a portable pen. - Roxi Anderson

I've been to this park that Kristi speaks of and you bet I would!  In a heartbeat!!  These hitching rails are made of something like an old phone pole and are set high enough that the horses can't go over yet low enough that they can't go under (well, I suppose they could try) and they have this nifty highline cable thing way at the top between the H to use if you choose.  The cable is high enough that not even the tallest of horses could reach it.  And.............there are electrical hook ups at some of the spots as well.  Which to me means no noisy generators running!!!!  There is a nice lake for a dip and miles and miles of gorgeous trails.  WOOHOOOOOO Kristi!!!  A ride in IOWA!!!  What is it they say?  Just DO IT!!!

Roxi

From: Kristi Schaaf <iluvdez@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   UMECRA - would you go to a ride if you couldn't use
your portable pen?

Hi all -

A friend and I are contemplating creating a new AERC
ride in an Iowa park where a new trail has
significantly added to the mileage (enough that the
50's would rarely use the same trail twice). The DNR
requires that horses be tied to the large H-shaped
hitching rail built at each camp site. A single horse
could have a sliding tether set-up on the high tension
cable above the rail, but two or more horses would
have to be stationary tied on the hitching post.
Portable pens, high-ties, or stabling at the trailer
is not allowed at the park. Would you attend a ride
with such strict stabling requirements? We hold an
NATRC ride at this park every year, and management is
just WONDERFUL to us. NATRC riders are used to the
"equal stabling" rule and have no problem with the
stationary tie. What about you guys? Kristi

Do you Yahoo!?