Easy Boots questions

Hi everyone,
I want to try out easy boots on a horse with soft white feet that has a
hard time keeping shoes on. So I am planning on keeping him barefoot and
using easy boots. Right now the snow is hard and the ground is icy, so
the best place to put in some conditioning, is on the gravel roads. I
want to build him up to being on the roads, so I am going to start out
with 4 miles and go from there. My questions are:

When you go shorter conditioning distances, is it necessary to use the
vet wrap every time? What is the purpose of the vetwrap? What happens if
you don't use the vetwrap?

Who uses easy foam and is it worth the hassle? What exactly does easy
foam do?

Thanks
Lynette