Speak your mind - but stay cool

Hi Antoinette - your post left me with the impression that I
should make a 'public' response...

Regarding on-topic and off-topic discussion. After almost
4 years of doing Ridecamp it's obvious that there will always
be 'fringe' topics and sometimes they get a little heated- but
eventually things return to normal. It seems that in most cases
it's just better to let things run their course - interfering and
trying to direct the topics usually causes hard feelings- and
doesn't really work anyway! If things get totally out of line, I'll
step up and ask for a little control -  othewise, please, folks,
refrain from telling each other what you should and shouldn't
post to Ridecamp.

And please try not to include Ridecamp in your private
arguments! Sometimes this is inadvertent (mistakenly
cc'ing Ridecamp in a response) - and sometimes folks
feel they need to defend themselves publicly - but it
gets pretty uncomfortable for most of us. Somehow email
seems to have a lot more 'bite' - folks say things to your mailbox
that they probably wouldn't say to your face ... and folks
seem to take these comments very very personally.

This list is great - you folks are wonderful - just stay cool!

Steph

-