bring (some of) the kids!

>At the risk of sounding like the Wicked Witch of the West, we had a bad
experience with the kids

You're not alone.  Went to a ride recently where 3 or 4 little approx. 6
yr. old terrors just marched around the camp reeking havoc.  Remember
Arlis from Old Yeller?  Well, there were 3 or 4 of them...together!
Twice I caught them swinging on my picket line when I returned.  Asked
them not to nicely the first time, the second time I went into my school
teacher voice and tried to intimidate them.  They left and GOT INSIDE
someone else's trailer and were just having a grand old time.  Then heard
their mom BARGAINING with them..."now boys, lets see if we can find
something else for you to do, now come out please".  GRRRR!

Next they went to a large trailer that had a Sheltie tied outside.  We
hadn't heard the dog bark the entire weekend.  I heard it go berserk, and
they were over there at the end of the rope just outside its reach
teasing it.  At this time I quietly informed them that I, PERSONALLY am
the person their parents and teacher had warned them about who steals
children and they are never found again...probably murdered in a hideous
manner...and that if I saw them again their pictures would be on milk
cartons, and their teachers would use them as a warning to other
children.

The Sheltie barked the rest of the day non-stop.  I explained what had
happened to the owners when they returned, and informed them to borrow a
Rottweiller if at all possible to surprise them with next time.

I later heard several other people who had literally had to RUN THESE
KIDS out of their trailers!  Did I mention that they woke me up during my
after-ride nap running circles around my pop-up tent and climbing over
the hitch?  This was not a case of "ride kids" who don't behave.  This
was simply a case of parents who did not discipline, as evidenced by the
bargaining tactics of the mom. Since I'm not the confrontational type,
and don't want to try and discuss it with the parents...I just told my
children to beat them up if they come near our trailer again.

I take my daughters to 2 or 3 rides a year.  They have a wonderful time.
I feel like it's a much safer atmosphere than just going camping at a
campground.  They have made friends and are slowly learning to help out
around camp.  One has worked as an arrival timer, after things slow down
some, and the other has been a P&R recorder.  The "young teen" group
feels really cool walking around camp after dark...something they never
get to do anywhere else.

 Josie went to her first ride at age 13 days (I was ride manager)...and
we did the "breastfeeding at the vet-check" thing when she was 6 months,
but Bill was in full charge of the girls.  I would never in a million
years trust them to a stranger...even now at 8 and 12 yrs.

Angie

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]