Re: people clothes

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Thu, 07 Nov 1996 07:40:11 -0600

My first piece of equipment that I ever bought was a pair of chaps. I still
have them, though since I've bought the Ariat half chaps which I much
prefer--they fit the leg so comfortably, are level and really breathe. Even
when riding in the heat, my legs dont' sweat abmormally. They are easy to
get on and off also with a zipper instead of velcro so they son't come off
so easily. I don't enjoy riding in jeans but will if necessary-there's burrs
on trail or the weather warrants. I love polar fleece anything for winter.
I also had a pair of nordic boots that I loved, but they had a problem and
when I had them replaced it wasn't the same boot. Second pair not near as
comfy and store swears it's the same brand--it's not. I've always said I'd
like to ride in a tank, but have never had the courage to expose my belly.

alice
At 10:02 PM 11/6/96 -0800, you wrote:
> At 10:26 AM 11/6/96 -0600, you wrote:
>>At 6:28 PM 11/5/96, adrienne suzanne pape wrote:
>>> My guess is that jeans are a bad idea
>>
>>IMO, YES!! However, I see people at every ride (seems like usually men??)
>>that ride in them with no <apparent> trouble....
>>
>>>So, what do you guys suggest?
>>
>>I like the Carousel tights (I got mine from SporTack, others may carry
>>them) with padding at the knees and seat. For my upper body, it's a jog
>>bra/tank during summer, layers beginning with a T and working up for cooler
>>weather. I don't wear half chaps but my mom and others swear by them. It
>>did take me a while to get used to the slick feeling of the tights - even
>>compared to other riding breeches. There is no stick-um with these! The
>>only caveat I have to add with these tights is that they do not hold up to
>>heavy briars - not that much else will - but if you know you are going to
>>go thru some brush wear your older, _much less pricey_ pants on that day.
>>The good news is that the holes don't travel too far so a few holes does
>>not do them in. I wear socks underneat my tights - some folks put them over
>>or one pr under and one on top.
>>
>>> From the discussions on polar fleece lately, I wonder if pants
>>>would be possible?
>>

>Yes, and not that expensive. Check the endurance page under the ?stuff.
>"just for horsin' round sells
>polar fleece tights ( custom too ) for around $40.
>
>Becky Hackworth

Alice and Shawn Steinke
Is it really gotta be winter now? We're cold!!
the three stooges: Curly Sandy, Cranky Lacie, and Silly Willie
{I'm not silly mom I was just elected VP of the U.S.}

MY MIND IS AN ESSAY QUESTION IN A WORLD OF
MULTIPLE CHOICE--ALICE STEINKE NOV 5, 1996
(PROFOUND THOUGHT OF THE MONTH)