ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] rain gear

Re: [endurance] rain gear

Kathy Seibolt (kseibolt@conc.tdsnet.com)
Wed, 29 May 1996 20:33:32 -0400

Try a garbage bag. It meets all of your requirements <g> Seriously, it's a great emergency
rain device. (remember to cut a hole for your head and arms) The bottom line is, you're
going to get wet, one way or another. Either from your sweat, or from the rain. The
"breathable" fabrics have varying degrees of breathability/waterproofness. In my opinion,
the optimum garmet would probably be an Ultrex duster-type raincoat with a hood: Easy
on-off, good leg protection, good for both in and out of the saddle, good combination of
breathable and waterproof, ripstop version would be preferred. I've seen them advertised,
but I can't remember who makes them. :(