Re: [RC] More of the Big Brown Story - SandyDSA

I used to work with a track vet years ago, and learned that there is a diff between "my horse is out of gas" and I have no horse". A horse out of gas  is generally still trying - no horse means... no horse. It was right that Kent pulled up. There were numerous factors that likely were at play on that day in that place. Dragging it out and beating the proverbial dead horse won't produce much other than a beaten dead horse. It is a blessing that there WASN'T a dead horse at the end of it. It might have been the distance or the heat or the humidity or the crowding or the steroids. Probably no one will never know. He finished without dying. Suits me fine. Maybe he isn't the super star we thought he was - or maybe he had a bad day. He looked great the next day - hooray for him!:) This is a good thing.
OTOH, what an OBNOXIOUS trainer!

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.