[RC] Teaching horse to lead at a trot - Barbara McCrary

When I entered my newest horse in a LD ride in early August, I did so because I thought he wasn't ready for a 50.  At the finish he was full of energy.  Physically, he was ready for the 50, but his trot-out at the vet checks needs a lot of work.  Vets think he's tired; I know he's just not trained to trot briskly, freely on a loose lead.
I know there are lots of resources out there in Ridecamp country.  Will some of you give me your methods for teaching a horse to lead freely?

Thanks,
Barbara