Re: [RC] [RC] May 2007 Veterinary newsletter - Beth Walker

I thought the point of the newsletter was to remove variances between regions in interpretation.? If all regions use the pull codes consistently, the data will be of more use to the people conducting the various horse welfare studies.??

I'm really happy to see the SF code.?I like the idea of the RO codes, and I would like to see the SF option added to them as well.? That allows a rider to pull their horse for? ' trail bites '? *before*?he goes lame.? An example would be if he whacked himself on a rock, but wasn't lame ... yet ...??

You could put the pulled shoes in this category.? The horse isn't lame (so fit to continue), but there is no farrier, or you are worried that he might have tweaked something when he pulled the shoe.? The code would be RO-SF instead of RO-L.? I think it would provide a clearer picture of what was going on, and that is the whole point.