Re: [RC] [RC] Can anyone tell me the color of my horse? - Karen Sullivan

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Can anyone tell me the color of my horse?

That is certainly original! He does look like a dark grullo color, but without the primitive dark markings (dorsal stripe, darker face) I guess that disqualifies him!

*Yep, definitely not a grulla.....a grulla can be varying shades from almost dun to mouse colored, to almost blue to chocolate..but will always have a darker face and points. The ears will also be light cream inside ringed with black.  My mare has all the primitive markings of the zebra stripes on the legs, harness mark on the shoulders, ringed ears, black face, dorsal stripe, etc.

Your horse is a livery type of chesnut, with the appy coloration; which will change every year!  Very fun to see the white coming in.

Grulla's also change color during the year; generally being more dun in the winter, darker when the spring and fall coats come in, and fading some in the summer from the sun