[RC] Training Partners vs. Training Solo - Sherman

Although I like riding alone sometimes, I only do so when I have too. I prefer to ride with someone for safety and company when the rides get longer than 2 or 3 hours. I know of too many incidents where a rider was injured and needed help to get to a hospital, usually a helicopter ride there. When I ride with others, I make it clear what type of ride I want to do that day (slow, fast, new horse walking only, etc.) when I call. They can decide if that's the type of ride they're up for, if not, I make a few more calls. Sometimes, we decide ahead of time (especially if one of us is bringing a new rider along) that we may need to separate if riding styles aren't compatible.

Kathy