[RC] [RC] Are the LD's feeding 50's? - Dawn G.

Hi Ranelle,
I really like your idea of "mentoring" the newbie; as I am one. I have read a lot on the subject of LD & endurance riding but am not sure if my conditioning is correct, am lost about electrolytes and what would I bring even on the 15 or 25 milers let alone the longer distances.
As far as the "arrogance" well that attitude is everywhere and one would have to not take it to heart or make try to make friends with other newbies so they don't loose heart in the sport.
 I could see the starting time differences but I don't know if this help insecurities of the newby. Maybe getting a survey going somehow of some sort to see how others feel. This could be a good idea for future rides in '07 and depending on the response initiate it in '08. Just an idea.
 For instance I have a high-schooler who is on the varsity cross-country team and the JV & Varsity run at the same but when they finish the scorers at the finish line have to decipher who is JV/Varsity runner. I'm sure it gets confusing & complicated. Is this how it is currently done already?

Dawn