Re: [RC] Back on Topic (was Show Ring ...) - John Teeter

> Ahh, the team concept, as explained in the August issue of Endurance News

I'm not talking (only) of the USEF concept of team competition. Note that it is also still tied to geographic region; still and FEI level thing.

I'm thinking of something much more free-form and having nothing to do with USEF or FEI or AERC programs; rather more like the formunla 1 (or bike) racing teams. Maybe sponsored (or maybe not) but competing for team honors at ANY ride that want's to have a team competition available. Right now, the PNER teams get points toward the year end team standings - they have to finish 3 riders at any given distance in any PNER ride to have team points count.

But there could also be a team award at each ride. The only overhead on the RM is calculating the team standings (and registration of the teams).

The team thing you are talking about is a USEF/FEI thing to compensate for the change in the PanAm competition (i.e. instead of north american zones being "countries", we now have (quite rightly IMO) the same standing as any other country (i.e. 1 team per country). So USEF is putting together an FEI team thing.

But that's not what I'm talking about. Rather - make the team competitions a much more integratal part of our sport (like in the PNER teams) at all levels. It basically makes to finish is to win more of a meaningful goal (i.e. its harder to finish 3 to win:)

I'd like to see a team of Mercedes Tapia; Steph Teeter; Shieka Madiya; and Carol Giles (for example - i.e. no bounds on geography or country or ... just 4 riders who want to be a team in a given competition:) take on all comers!:)

jt