Re: [RC] for those who use electrolytes...help those newbies - rides2far

Here's a good simple analogy. The horse's intercellular fluid is is of a
certain mixture. Part electrolytes, and part water. Picture it like a
pitcher of Kool-Aid. If you pour out "Kool-Aid" and add more water it's
no longer the correct balance...it's not Kool-Aid any more.  If the horse
needs that particular balance to function, and can only take in more
water, he's doing more damage than good because he is diluting his
cellular fluid...it's no longer the right mix. Having a horse that drinks
tons could get you in trouble if he had no time to eat enough or was not
given enough electrolytes to balance it out.

Very quick version...very prone to mistakes but I've got an appt. to get
my hair cut and I'm out the door.

Angie