[RC] tivers posts - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: ti tivers@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyway, thanks
Tom for all the research you've done and the synthesizing of said research in
your writings. Don't really know why you perservere...I'd think you would be
weary of being a "voice crying in the wilderness" by now.

Enjoy the ride,

Dennis>

You and others have been very kind, sticking your neck out in this forum. I'm
certain you understand that it's not necessary, but thanks anyway.

As for the answer to "why?", it's very simple. There is no greater joy than
participating in the success of others--very close to the joy of building a top
athlete from the ground up and then watching him win.

After the initial steep learning curve was over, it became fun to read the
literature and attempt the extrapolate the various findings into something
useful where the hoof hits the sandy loam. And with hundreds of generous and
courageous front line warriors feeding back practical results, everyone learned
very quickly--that was the value of Horsescience.

Side benefits: traveled to many countries around the world and some of the most
beautiful settings, made many solid friendships, earned good money in the
process, and have had so many win pictures sent to me that I had to take them
down from the walls and store them--proof of the pudding. Very gratifying.

As for the battles with droolers, start with the premise of "know your stuff
and fear no man". Once you know your stuff, these little battles are good for
sport in your spare time, but also instructive to others in dealing with idiots.

To get, give.

ti