[RC] cost of rides - Paddi

Compared to other activities endurance is cheap and gets you way more bang for your buck
Team penning
$120 for 10 minutes of riding(4 runs)
no vets, no food and jackpot to the winners only
Cutting
$65 a run
no vet, no food and stalls cost extra
I paid $40 to enter a kid in a show where she carried a jello egg on a spoon to try and win a ribbon. Total for the day was over $200
Not to mention she needed a different outfit for each class
Endurance is the most affordable horse sport I have found yet.
We usually have more LD riders then 50s (that is changing slowly) and so we need another vet $500 , more volunteers (they need to be fed) and since the LD riders are done sooner they are definetly there to eat the food.
The newbies get more nervous then the old timers sooooooooooooooo more use of pottys....lol (humor)
It is a great way to get into the sport or to still be part of it if you can't ride the longer rides.
I am thinking of putting on a ride next year and charging $100 for all entries. Everyone enters into the 100 and rides as far as they want.
Like an elevator ride but anything short of the 100 is for miles only. Can stop at 25, 50 , 75 or ride the whole ride.
Endurance Riders of Alberta sanctions our own rides so I can do that.
I will sanction the 100 AERC in case others from ooutside want to come
Paddi