[RC] The East Bay 25/50/Fun Ride ride in Oakland - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nick Warhol nwarhol@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone-
As you may have heard, the Oakland Hills ride that was scheduled for June 11th
in Oakland has been canceled.  Don?t worry- Ride Manager Supreme Laura Fend has
assured me the ride will take place again next year. (This ride has been going
on for a very long time)

The good news is that we are once again hosting the East Bay 25/50/Fun
Ride/Elevator ride in Chabot/Redwood park this year on Saturday, Sept 24th.
This will be our fifth ride, and after the great response we had last year with
the Fun Ride, it will be back, and better than ever!   The fun ride is designed
for those who have never done an endurance ride, and have no idea where to
begin, but they have a horse and the desire to learn.  You come as a total
newbie, and you get to do a 10 or 15 mile practice endurance ride that operates
exactly the same as an endurance ride.   You get a special beginners meeting,
and you never know who may show up to speak to the riders.  Last year we had a
couple of rookies come by and give a nice talk to the beginners- two people you
may have heard of named Julie Suhr and Becky Hart.  It doesn?t get much better
than that.  This year the fun ride includes 1 day rider insurance as well.

Our big change from last year?  The food!  Okay, Okay, burgers and hot dogs
were not the greatest choice.  Hey- this is a benefit ride, remember?   This
year we will have a much better meal in store for everyone.  Not to mention our
insane raffle and prize drawings.

This year we have added another twist- the East Bay ride will also host the AHA
Region three 50 mile championship.  Get those beautiful Arabian horses out
there and win some great prizes!   Details will be on the web site.

I will have the entries and all ride information available on the Pacific South
Web Site in a few days www.pacificsouth.org   There is a 130 rider limit, so be
sure to get those entries in.   As always, we also welcome ride volunteers and
people who want to come out to help and learn more about endurance riding.
For questions, comments, compliments, gifts, and wonderful feedback, you can
email me at  nwarhol (at) Comcast(dot)net ,or call me at 510-537-2503.

Thanks- I hope to see a lot of people there, especially those beginners.
Nick Warhol