Re: [RC] Trainer looking for riding help in Apple Valley, CA - Rosalie Marley

Larry is a great guy!!  I knew him when I lived in Sunland, he came to the
place where I boarded and I got to watch his work while I was working my
own horse.  And I've run into him on the trails around Sunland while he was
working client horses - he's so quiet/"in tune" that you don't necessarily
know the horse he's working with is a greenie.

I had to sell my horse (divorce and $$ problems).  He was a "little
spoiled" by virtue of being my first ever horse.  Before selling him, I had
Larry train out the holes in his training (so his new owners would never
have cause to beat him).  I loved that horse despite his naughtiness.
After training, I realised what I thought was naughtiness were training
issues - I wished I had Larry work with him much sooner so that I could
have the benefit of a more mannerly (and properly working) horse!

Monica, I think you will be so happy with Dempsey :-)  Sorry I can't help
you in the rider department, but wanted to put my 2cents in on Larry.

Rosalie

--- Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: Monica Bennett mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does anyone know of a rider that would be interested in working with a
natural horsemanship trainer out in Apple Valley?

Larry Jeffery is the trainer and he works primarily with green and
problem horses. He does all the ground work and won't put anyone up on a
horse until the horse is ready, but these are green/problem horses so
he's looking for a rider with a good feel to work with him on the first
couple of rides and then Larry will take over.

If you know anyone interested, please refer them to Larry's website that
has all his contact info http://www.longviewranch.net.

I've got my 6 year old gelding, Dempsey with Larry and have a vested
interest in finding rider help :-)

Rosalie Marley
Ride the Tiger!
http://TigerHorseFarms.com