[RC] rounded frame - Ed Kilpatrick

i dont worry much about a rounded frame in endurance riding.  i think if you have a good horse that has a balanced, natural carriage, and is accustomed to carrying the rider's weight, you dont have to do a lot to put them into any kind of frame.  i am not saying just flop around on them like a sack of potatoes, though.   as a rider,  i try to stay well balanced on my horse and keep my body in the position that makes it as easy for him to carry me as possible.  i think that with endurance riding, the horse needs to work equally well with the front and rear.  i dont use a lot of leg pressure when i am riding.  i just try to straddle my horse, keep my legs off of him and let him work.  the only time i use any leg pressure is to aid in tight turns.           cowboy ed