[RC] Kudos to Mountain region riders and the CO Horse Park Challenge - Marlene Moss

I just got back from the 3rd Colorado Horse Park Challenge and we had an incredible time.  Tom and Cindy put on a first rate ride, the weather was perfect and my horse did beautifully.  I had sort of put a temp limit of 85 degrees on being able to do this ride – our horses live about 3000’ higher where temps average 15 degrees less and my husband’s horse has had her full winter coat for 2 weeks.  So I was very happy to have a forecast of 60’s and rain.

The rain worked great for the 25’s!  Rain early in the morning to perfectly soften the section of road we had to ride, but it was done about 2 minutes before we saddled up.  Cloudy most of the ride and we were done and had our horses back in the runs that are a permanent part of this facility before the rain hit for real.  The 50’s got caught in some rain and lightening but then it let up again.

This facility is really nice – offices for checking in, covered areas for ride meetings and awards, stalls or runs for the horses, RV hookups (we finally used our microwave in our trailer!) and of course nearby trail systems and friendly ranchers that let us ride through their property.  This ride is really well sponsored so the prizes were awesome.  We had some good vendors available as well.  So an excellent ride worth doing for those that missed it.

Now for the kudos to the riders.  We rode and spoke with lots of new and fairly new endurance riders and the common theme we heard was just how nice and helpful everyone was.  We met a lady that lives near us a couple months ago and have taken her to a NATRC and an endurance ride and she was really impressed with how much support endurance riders give each other.  The vets also did a great job of giving advice to help riders help their horses in problem areas.  Utta Jung is really very caring person and I’d definitely want her as a vet if I ever manage to put on a ride.

So hats off to ride management, helpers and riders for making this a really great event!

Marlene

Marlene Moss

www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com

www.mphr.org (Mustang Performance Horse Registry)