[RC] disappointed at ride reply - larry Miller

I think all riders whether new, experienced, abused, misused, or whatever need to remember two very important facts.  1.  never be afraid to ask questions before the fact.    2.  each rider pays the entry fee so each rider in question should ride one's own ride.
I guess 2 is one of my own personal peeves.  I resent when someone leaves in my group (UMECRA sends us out in groups for competitive) wants everyone else to ride his/her ride.  I paid my entry fee to ride my ride, not someone elses.  I don't mind answering questions, giving help when needed, don't mind having someone ride with me, but I will ride my ride.  If one cannot ride with me because the pace is too fast, too slow or whatever, then ride your own ride.  Don't tell me how to ride my ride.  This applies to endurance too.  So remember that when one is complaining, there are always two sides to every story.  Jeanie