Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1503 How many saddles - Chipnml

I've had the same saddle and the same horse for 12 years, a Wintec Pro Endurance and a snotty in-your-face Arab who has nevertheless taken me 2400 miles (not counting the two years of CTR).  There are a few things I don't like about it (the saddle), but it's the only one I've found that fits my horse's little oddbody...short back, high croup, fairly decent withers and round barrel.  Hilly rides are hard on me since there are no knee or thigh blocks, and I credit my strong dressage background with saving me from many (but not all) falls since it's not a very secure saddle.  I paid big bucks for an American-Flex, and while I think it could be a good saddle for somebody, I had issues with it.  I don't think any saddle has all the answers.  It's a very individual thing.  Just because I'm happy with the Wintec doesn't mean I think everyone should own one.

Chip