Re: [RC] I-20 shut down - Marv Walker

At 11:44 AM 5/25/04 -0400, Kathy Ramspott wrote:
For those of you who haven't heard, there is a large biolab fire so I-20 in
Georgia is shut down both directions.  I-20 is a main route to and from
Augusta where the Liberty Run ride is this weekend.  The fire is outside
Covington.

I live within sptting distance of the thing. I-20 is closed off and on at Panola Road east bound and not sure where WB. I am very close to the plant and the wind is carrying the plume to a little east of north.

They are saying you can take Brownsmill to 212, follow that
(left) to 142 then left there back up to I-20.

That is, if you are going today.  Tomorrow may be different
even though it looks like it might be burning for awhile.  It's a
pretty good blaze and there is a lot of stuff in a large building.

Marv "Fire?? Bio-Lab is on fire?? Conyers is evacuated?" Walker

There is something so magical about being out at night after being on the
trail all day on a long 100 with miles left to go. ~ Tom Noll