[RC] Living vicariously - Budler,Cindy - Afrox

At the moment , starting up a young horse , and recovering from a very
expensive divorce I live vicariously through the Ridecamp Digests I obtain
each morning.

I can only be very happy that we have never had LD or CTR take off in any
major form here in South Africa.!

We have the arguements and "us and them" plays between those who do the
50milers and those who are for FEI 100 milers or any 100 milers for that
matter.

It never gets as nasty as ridecamp can though- more just arguing about the
need for 100 milers and the expense of putting them on for only a few
riders, and I am happy that there are the few diehards who will always fight
for the 100 milers and the need to "stretch" endurance riders and horses.

I have only done 2 100 milers but, believe me , would do one again tomorrow
for that experience and the joy of knowing that this is the ultimate for any
endurance horse - when your horse finishes a 100 miler happy and sound there
is no better feeling on earth(imho)
And any horse that has completed a 100 miler in that condition is just
unstoppable thereafter- they just grow and develop so much - a totally new
horse!

But, saying that, there is place for all distances in endurance and all
sorts , sizes and types of people and horses - each to his own ability and
needs!

Oh, and on living vicariously- I will be doing just that next month when my
youngest son gets to go and work and travel in the USA for 5 months- that
was always mom's dream- especially at Tevis time:(  Oh well they do say we
give our kids the life we always wanted:). Look out for a 19 year old
redhead with a South African accent in Virginia !

Regards,
Cindy Budler
Afrox I P Marketing
Germiston
Gauteng
Ph  : 011 876 1179
Cell : 082 464 1809
Fax : 011 873 5902
E Mail : cindy.budler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail message and all attachments contain the CONFIDENTIAL AND
PROPRIETARY information of The Afrox Group and may contain LEGALLY
PRIVILEGED information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail,
its attachments or any information contained  therein is unauthorised and
prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.Internet Web
Address:http://www.afrox.com

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned for
the presence of known computer viruses by the MessageLabs Virus
Control Centre. However, it is still recommended that you use
local virus scanning software to monitor for the presence of viruses.
REAL endurance is your water freezing IN the cantle bags!
~ Heidi Sowards