RE: [RC] [RC] Asymmetrical shoulder - Laurie Durgin

Been camping in the bookstores lately,while waiting on son to be picked up; and perusing the Horse section of course (speed reading comes in handy :0) . Ther are two theroies: One you are riding crooked, which makes the horse crooked, which then changes their way of going, muscling etc. Second; horses have 'soft(weak sides)', so you need to strengthen their weak side; Like using the lead more on the weak side 2x as much. Or 20 meter circles going the opposite way from their weak sid, erpentines and spiraling in and out of a circle can help too.. Third: a saddle can be asymetrical, or not distrubuting the weight equally.

From: "Lani M Olson" <LMOLSON90@xxxxxxx>
To: "Ridecamp Endurance" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Asymmetrical shoulder
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 10:53:12 -0600

Since I became interested in endurance riding I find every day how little I know, and I've been around horses for years. Still working on a saddle fit problem and for the first time I actually looked down my horse's back from the tail to discover her left shoulder is much larger than her right. Whole slew of questions popped into my mind. Is it my riding (I'm the only to ride her for seven years now)? Is it her way of going? Is it the saddle problem? What caused it? What do I do about it? Would equine chiro help? ANY help would be appreciated that would make life better for my horse. Lani

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse. ~ Libby Llop