Re: [RC] ATHLETE defined - DVeritas

In a message dated 2/23/2003 3:52:25 PM Mountain Standard Time, kindredspiritrjl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

What this involves goes
beyond the individual attributes of athleticism. It's the neuro-muscular merging
of the two so that the lines between the nervous systems --  the shared reflexes
and unified centers of gravity --  are all but indistinguishable.

I had started to post when Jim wrote of how he and Sunny "take care of each other"....I really understand that relationship and how it plays how on an endurance ride, particularly a hard hundred miler.
    But, I quit writing my email because I knew there was someone out there in Ridecamp-world who would do a better job of getting to the core of the sentiment.
    You did, Bobbie....I especially like the "...shared reflexes and unified centers of gravity."
    ---Frank(where it is FOUR degrees at 5 p.m. with 7 inches of snow...)