[RC] The ultimate Knowing - Rides 2 Far

I > don't know
if I'll ever be able to ride fast.  I am a "worse case scenario"
kind of > guy...I was trained by our government to be that way.

Frank,
I read the biography of Beryl Markum (I think that's her name?) She wrote
a book called "Straight On Till Morning" about being the first woman to
fly across the Atlantic West to East, but she was also a *very*
successful Thoroughbred Racing trainer.  She did tons of daring, amazing
things, but do you know what the trait was that her friends talked about?
She had ABSOLUTELY NO IMAGINATION.

Some people are risk takers and they achieve wealth, fame or whatever
because of it, but *often* the odds catch up with them. Markum died
pretty much ruined.
I'd say she would have done well on a one day President's Cup, but
wouldn't have had any major high mileage horses.

Some said Steve Rojek would have a good chance in this race because he
takes care of his horse.  I don't think enough risk takers will fall out
for him to win for that very reason, but he will do well and ride
masterfully.  If the Master's points were for one horse & one rider per
year Steve & Finally would get my vote as contenders for that, but they
closed that loophole so that the riders can ride as many horses as they
choose.  Wouldn't want to reward any good behavior on the part of the
riders or anything. :-P

P.S. If they are trying to impress people with the pot of $50,000 that's
silly. That's not squat compared to any other major horse sport. 90
entries...brought in from all over the world and you're gonna get a big
screen TV?  You can win a horse trailer at a Barrel Racing Futurity for
crying out loud.

Angie