[RC] Re:pacing anglo - Heidi Smith

>Not necessarly.  I have an Arab/walker cross that did not gait, although she had a very fast walk and smooth canter, average trot.

But what was the breeding of the Arab?  Was the Arab parent gaited, and did he/she have multiple ancestors that gaited?  Most of the modern "show" breeding is very "hard-wired" to the "big" trot, and also does not have the pelvic conformation to gait, so would be very unlikely to produce gaitedness even bred to horses of gaited breeds.

Heidi