Re: [RC] Attention Newbies, slowbies, etc. - Sundaez

In a message dated 11/10/2003 2:46:12 PM Pacific Standard Time, rides2far@xxxxxxxx writes:
Feedback please. Let's say you are a new rider, or an old rider with a
new horse, or someone who wants to move up to 50's from LD. You need a
first year goal.  What's a good one? It mustn't be an automatic success
for you or it will be meaningless.
I'm moving up to 50's this year on my youngish horse and ANY success or completion is not an automatic success! <g> Seems like the thing Endurance is teaching me is patience, as I have had lots of problems getting started in this sport from the saddle fit thing, to me being injured, to training issues, etc.

I had planned on doing my final 25 this weekend but was hurt during the fires. My next ride will be a 50! I'm entered and WILL be ready to go in January. My goal for this first year is to finish this 50 without getting bucked off, without soring my horse because of saddle fit, not to get lost, not to whine too much, have my horse as fit at finish as she was at her last 25, and to be able to walk the next day without too much pain! This might not seem like too much of a lofty goal for you "oldies" but for this "newbie" it is huge. Everything else beyond it is gravy.

Melanie and Tess