[RC] burying a horse - Kim

We've been talking about putting horses down vs. sending them to slaughter.  I have a question.  What are the laws and regulations (particularly in PA) for burying a horse?  I found out last night from my vet that someone turned me in for burying my horse almost two years ago.  Now the state vet has to get in touch with me to make sure he was buried properly.  Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Kimberly