Re: [RC] Trail Blazer/collection - CLRidnhigh

That again is only ones opinion. In my opinion and experience....Running martingales don't work well with the S hack and it is not teaching your horse...... they learn to rely on them. They have a constant downward pull then to the hands. A german martingale only ingades when you apply pressure. And as said before if you are going to show you don't want your show horse to relay on any aids. And also as said before you need to properly introduce your horse with ground work with the geerman martingale. The discussion if you remember started with one person asking about Draw reins not german martingales. Most of the people one inparticular (name I won't mention) that responded in a negative manner to the german martingales had never even done an endurance ride before and was a saddle seat show person.
I wanted to mention that  trail-rite has designed a nice endurance friendly beta german martingale that hooks to the breast collar. They are really nice! I love them and it really puts the horse in good habits and eventually they will lean to carry themselves properly without them. Our high milage horses we only tune them up once in awhile with them but all trail rite horses are started with them that should speak for itself! Look in the year book under TR .........in PS and Soythwest and West regions. If you wnat to order one contact my mother Tammy at Trailrite@xxxxxxx

Charlene Lewis Stueve
Trail-Rite Training Center
www.trail-rite.com
(661) 513-5551