Re: Saving Our Trails

Have you asked the owner if they would give you permission to put a gate up
that you can ride through if you keep it closed?  Might be worth a shot.  It
might not work for your case, but if it does it's a simple solution for your
problem.

Our 200 acres is all fenced since it's pasture but we are not uptight about
people accessing it...  We do lock the gates and have nasty looking "No
Trespassing" signs, but it's to keep people from going in and shooting deer,
four wheeling, or leaving the gates open.  We have not denied anyone
permission who comes to ask for it.

We have also found most people in our area to be friendly about allowing us
access on their private land, 'ya just have to ask first.

Happy trails and happy holidays!

Michelle
(Colorado)